Monday, May 12, 2008

Lindsay and I are creating a movie about the process of making a musical from audition to opening night. Lindsay and I were not extremely prepared coming into Senior Project. We had been taping since the start of the term and out project was prepared. but we didn't understand the off campus sponsor par of out project completely. This week we spent a lot of time focusing on costumes. I learned a lot about the tedious process of costuming an entire cast. I also learned a lot about loading film onto iMovie. it is a time consuming process. However, after a week of suffering through hours "letterboxing" I still have NO CLUE what it means. 
I love everything Lindsay and I did this week. Even though most of out activities sound dull, each and everyone has a story behind it. My favorite activity was working with Joan Saunders's class. By trying to explain acting and teach the kids simple games to become better actors, I was able to become a better actor. It was fun to share my knowledge and experience with such willing kids. They seemed to soak up everything Lindsay and I were saying. I have never looked at myself as a teacher or role model, but i realized that anyone could be a teacher by simply sharing his or her experiences with others.
In all honesty I don't know why Lindsay and I had to move a trellis, but it was defiantly was an experience I will never regret (sorry morgan about the trellis). Most the time Lindsay and I worked in the costume shop. I think it was because costuming is a behind the scene activity that the audience doesn't fully understand. An audience member  sees a costume but doesn't comprehend the time and thought that goes into every article of clothing every cast member wears. By working in the costume shop, which I have never done before, I respected that aspect of musicals a lot more. Also, it allowed Lindsay and I to film the intricate process of costume making.
We had lots of surprises this week.We did not expect loading movie to take as long as it did. Our biggest surprise though was our confusion about our off campus sponsor. We did not think that we would have to spend our fifteen hours a week with Joan, but we were soon told otherwise. After a brief freak-out on day one, we got our act together and worked out our necessary hours with Joan.
Well I don't really know how i will benefit from this next weeks activities cause I don't know what we are doing yet. Lindsay and I just go to the theater every morning and wait for direction. I know we will be visiting Joan's class again, but thats about it.


No comments: